Friday, July 09, 2010

Germany's Mesut Ozil recites Holy Quran before World Cup matches

Germany's Mesut Ozil recites Holy Quran before World Cup matches

Berlin, July 3, IRNA - Germany's new star midfielder Mesut Ozil who is of Turkish-origin, recites the Holy Quran before the World Cup matches in a bid to help him focus.

Talking to the Berlin-based daily Der Tagesspiegel on Saturday, Ozil said, "I always do that before I go out (on the pitch). I pray and my team-mates know that they cannot talk to me during this brief period."

A third generation Turkish-German, Ozil has become one of the superstars at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Triple World Cup winners Germany are to face Argentina in the World Cup quarter-finals in Cape Town later in the day in what is seen as a the battle of the football titans.

No comments: